Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Home Stretch

From preschool, to curriculum work, to primary education, my career has made some turns but my passion for the ECE field stands strong. Working as a kindergarten teacher in suburban northern New Jersey, I have been privy to a wide range of policy challenges that directly affect the families in my care, as well as the communities I work around. I am thrilled to be in the final stages of my studies, working now to deepen my knowledge of the tools available to me as an advocate and future policy shaper. I look forward to getting to know each of my new colleagues, and growing together!

2 comments:

  1. This is a small world. I teach Kindergarten in an urban northern New Jersey school district. There have been many times that I had to advocate for my students and their families in the class setting. My ultimate goal is to become an advocate who makes a real difference in the lives of many others outside of the classroom. I look forward to sharing this journey with you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timing is fun, I am writing this reply as I am waiting to board a plane to Newark (heading to Maplewood).
    So many poeple think advocacy is a distinct role in the the early childhood field, but you are correct, teachers and parents are the first advocates for students.

    ReplyDelete