Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Consequences of Being Apart of the BEST Team


1. Oh mylanta! MY BRAIN HAS GROWN!
After the 8 weeks in this course, I know for a fact that I have grown. Whereas prior to the start of our studies, I started to feel like I was falling into “the slump.” You know, the one where everything just seems so dreary and the changes feel like they’re never going to happen? Well, the feeling has gone. This learning community I have been a part of has allowed for me to be reminded, once again, that although the challenges we often face are truly big, the safety net to keep us from falling off the edge is far to large. A community such as the early childhood field’s leaves no man behind. Each member truly understands the importance of our work, and the value of children and families.
2. I might just jump!
As the early childhood community is not just limited to the professionals that work directly with teachers, I am starting to grow my confidence in the possibility of leaving the classroom and making my lasting marking in a different branch of our early childhood system. I’ve begun to research the different organizations that I feel inspired by, and am considering taking a chance and transferring into a new sector!
3. The kids. It’s always the kids.
My faith, wonder, and joy in childhood has not wavered. This community that cares so much, about me and about everyone, has continued to remind me that childhood matters. Our work is important because children’s lives matter. That old saying is absolutely true: children are our future.

Goal
I will become a leader. As long as I am working within my current education system, I will find ways to continue to grow and continue to share my understandings of effective comprehensive early childhood systems that can, should, and might even do exist in my community. I will build bridges across care sectors, linking each involved member of a child’s life to the same goal.

3 comments:

  1. Alyssa
    It has been a pleasure being in class with you. The one thing that I have enjoyed about being a part of an online learning community is the flexibility that it offers; with access to the internet your classroom is anywhere you are. As a parent with young children it saved me from factoring in child care to further my education. Best wishes as you continue your education. I think you will be an mazing leader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa,

    I enjoyed reading your post. I also love being part of an online community. It allows flexible, but also we are able to connect with people from around the country on a daily basis. It is fantastic that you are becoming confident in who you are and what you would like to do besides being in the classroom. I wish you well on your journey continuing your education. Take care, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa,
    I enjoyed your post. This has truly been an amazing experience for me as well. when I first made the decision Ito go back to school I didn't think I would be able to do this. My time at Walden has given me options that were just right for me. It has been a pleasure working with you and I wish you much success in the future.

    ReplyDelete