Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sharing Web Resources.. Continued

As I currently work in a handful of different settings, I find that the blog on the Global Fund for Children’s website is most relevant to my current professional development. What I have found in my own personal experiences is that no matter the level of diversity in a given area, looking at the experiences of others in similar situations can provide a professional with incredible insight as to how they can meet the needs of the population they work with. For me personally, I always find that hearing others stories of struggle and triumph provide me with the inspiration to think outside the box when created new approaches to support families and children in my care.


The grants provided by GFC require candidates to meet very specific criterion. Part of these criterions helps the organization maintain accessibility to funding for a certain population of people/groups. Something that caught my attention is that the annual budget for the grantee must not exceed a specific amount. The reason for this is so that only projects in the earliest stages have access to the GFC grant money. This struck me as something that can be fairly limiting. I wonder about the organizations that may exceed the annual spending limit, but also might be spread across many different projects. Would it be fair to exclude these candidates from accessing funding?

7 comments:

  1. Hello Alyssa I agree with you I think it is very vital that educators As you mentioned how you experience from a personal perceptive is that no matter the level of diversity in a given area, looking at the experiences of others in similar situations can provide a professional with incredible insight as to how they can meet the needs of the population they work with. I find this to be true as well. I never heard of Global funding for children I will have to check this website out and add it to my resource list. I have learned so much with this web sharing has been amazing. Have you shared any of your resource with the families you work with. Have a great week!
    Temika Mccann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa -
    I enjoyed reading your post. I also think we can learn so much from others. In my current position as a technical assistant I have never left a program that I did not take something new away from my time with them.
    I am curious about the GFC grant money and limiting the amount an organization can spend. I want to research that a little more. Thanks for getting my curiosity going. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa, thank you for sharing your resource.I enjoyed checking out the website it is always helpful to read as much information as possible.I will add this to my list for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Resource! Funny I also looked deeper into the funding source for my organization. I didn't like the idea that sooo much money funnels through these agencies. Often more money that schools get from the counties where they are..
    I think we should all keep looking at funding sources!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyssa,
    I agree with you on looking at experiences of others can provide professionals with insight on how they can meet the needs of the families in the communities. It is always good

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't complete my previous post.

    It is always good for educators and administrators who are aware of families struggling to be more encouraging and understanding of their situations. The more information we have about the different agencies who are available to help families, the more we can guide families on the right path.
    The website you chose is one of the organizations I have been using for information during my research when I was completing my MBA two years ago. They provide great information about Global Funds for education programs world wide.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would think that would create limitations as you would. But when the funding is gone what other options are available to those that were using grants and no longer are able to receive them?

    ReplyDelete