Saturday, May 10, 2014

Establishing Professional Contacts & Resources

Having been unable to access the World Forum Foundation prior to beginning this assignment, I had decided to research the information available through The Global Fund for Children (GFC). As I entered the GFC's website, I found several different options for obtaining information regarding what the organization is involved in throughout the globe. Ultimately, this organization speaks on behalf of children around the world. Several of the issues discussed are relation to poverty, violence, and inaccessibility/successful retrieval of special needs resources. The tool I chose to research closely was the GFC's blog. On the blogs provided, several writers and advocates speak up regarding issues that are relevant in the regions in which they live.

I had initially searched for contact information for several of the bloggers, but was unsuccessful in finding a way to contact them personally. Instead, I will follow several bloggers throughout this course and try to interpret the information they are sharing in a manner that I can connect the issues to my own personal experiences and understandings. From the GFC's main blog page, several different topics are available for viewing. The different titles listed include the author's names in a link form. When  you click on the author's name, it takes you a page containing all blog posts contributed by this author. Several of the authors right on consistent topics, where others discuss a variety of issues experienced in their geographic regions.

https://www.globalfundforchildren.org/blog/

2 comments:

  1. Alyssa,
    I too had the same problems and decided to use Global Fund for Children to research and learn more for this course. I was able to find a few interesting organizations that utilize the resources provided by GFC and the one that was very interesting to me was the Kakenya Center for Excellence in Kenya. This is a school for girls and I believe I could learn a lot from this place. I've contacted them and hopefully I will hear back from them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa,
    I think that it is terrible that you have had difficulty in accessing the World Forum Foundation. I had difficulty also. I agree that several of the issues discussed are about poverty, violence, and inaccessibility/successful retrieval of special needs resources. I agree that the tool you chose to research was the GFC's blog. I think that it is great the blogs provided, several writers and advocates speak up regarding issues that are relevant in the regions in which they live.

    I researched the information available through The Global Fund for Children (GFC)as well. The globalfundforchildren is an organization that provides capital to global communities to improve the lives of children. They now are encouraging change by helping young teen aged girls in Nigeria join an organization called KIND. This organizations mission is to strengthen organizations and create initiatives dedicate to the advancement of women and girls. This organization is calling for full participation in the political process and social development because of the violence and poverty. They are teaching them about transformational leadership and leadership qualities and that change begins with them. There is a need to reach political leaders and policy makers and those who care.
    Vinston

    ReplyDelete